Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

We talked about QVC hiring 2 former JTV hosts as gem experts / guests hosts in these threads: :ladywink:

• Erin Moseley (for Diamonique)
    • Michele Lau (for gems)

http://tvshoppingqueens.com/community/topic/qvc-from-jtv-host-erin-moseley-is-now-the-diamonique-guest-on-qvc/

http://tvshoppingqueens.com/community/topic/qvc-michele-lau-qvc-gem-day-762017/

http://tvshoppingqueens.com/community/topic/evine-paul-judy-sterling-silver-12-x-10mm-oval-gemstone-toggle-necklace/

Last night, at the start of QVC’s Gem Day event, I noticed a 3rd! It’s:

• Jeff Moseley (Erin’s husband, also for gems)

It makes sense since JTV hosts know a lot about gems :nod: but did a former JTV executive joined QVC and bringing JTV folks on board? Or, is there a strategy change over at the Q? What’s going on? :teehee:

Erin Moseley

Jeff Moseley

Michele Lau

Debra
    Forum Member

well one thing – Liberty that owns QVC and a small % of HSN – just bought all of HSN!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/qvc-to-acquire-rival-hsn-for-more-than-2-billion-1499343460

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

Debra
    Forum Member

haha – the news is so unbelievable we have to share it twice

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

haha – the news is so unbelievable we have to share it twice

well one thing – Liberty that owns QVC and a small % of HSN – just bought all of HSN!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/qvc-to-acquire-rival-hsn-for-more-than-2-billion-1499343460

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

BTW, Lisa Robertson was originally from JTV and Nancy Hornback from GemTV (later bought by JTV). They were both hired a long time ago and there was a huge gap in between their joining QVC; unlike recent activities.

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

I would guess the hosting business is kind of a small world. But interesting in Q is trying to fill the vacancy left by GemsTV/Rocks deserting its customers.

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

:iagree: :coffeenewspaper:

GaryBrentburns
    Forum Member

I saw him on Gem day.  I thought she had been there for sometime, and where she goes, he goes. They are a team.

Look for more  mergers as Retail , even shop at homes struggle.  I know there is a struggle because of the severe price reductions.  ‘They” claim inventory reductions, but I have never seen JTV or LC have those types of sales in mid summer before.

GaryBrentburns
    Forum Member

I believe it is “who” you know sort of thing. Like musical chairs.  Nikki Stanzone  went from JTV to The LC. I am not sure she is happy.  Shows of her I have watched ,she seemed reserved compare to her days or should I say nights on JTV.   I believe  JTV let her go, because she really did not announce a new job before she left.  Shop at Home hosts all know the other.  The industry reminds me of Major League Baseball. Managers going from one team to the next.  However, only one person to my knowledge has ever been rehired back to JTV as a host.  Now, I don’t know if that is because the others never tried or what.

GaryBrentburns
    Forum Member

What I think is funny is “all” the it is that day and this day quotes!  Pet Day, Wear your hat Day,  and so on.  I asked when can I see a really good day to celebrate, like Mother in Law is finally  going back home day.  I have yet to see that one.  :blink:    I am not married, but If I were ,of course I would have the best Mother In Law in the world.

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

Kristen Keech! and I think maybe there was a male host too (although I do not recall if he officially left) but I forgot which one.

I believe it is “who” you know sort of thing. Like musical chairs. Nikki Stanzone went from JTV to The LC. I am not sure she is happy. Shows of her I have watched ,she seemed reserved compare to her days or should I say nights on JTV. I believe JTV let her go, because she really did not announce a new job before she left. Shop at Home hosts all know the other. The industry reminds me of Major League Baseball. Managers going from one team to the next. However, only one person to my knowledge has ever been rehired back to JTV as a host. Now, I don’t know if that is because the others never tried or what.

GaryBrentburns
    Forum Member

Yes it was her. She got married and left to work for Cruise Line, then must have gotten sea sick and decided to come back.  If one of the guys quit and came back , it was before I started watching JTV!

While we are at it.  What is the connection between the two?   The younger male they had as a host left JTV and went cruising.  Kristen went cruising.  Jana quit cruising and came to JTV via Kristen.  Robert came from cruising and his sister still cruises.  I never considered it.

When I think of cruises ,I think of people throwing up to be honest.  So many people get sick on those things. I just don’t want to do a cruise. no appeal to me at all.  Lets see I could spend $1000s on a cruise that could be taken over by pirates, or sink, or I could get sick, or I could get robbed(you know professional thieves love to take cruises), or I could spend $1000s on something I might double my money. Guess which option I like best?

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

I think like that also! The only positive thing, to me, about a cruise is the 24/7 buffets that I hear about! I do love to eat! :hahaha:

In addition to all the stuff you mentioned, wifi is crazy crazy expensive – and I can’t do without wifi :lol2:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

To participate, please Log In or Register.