Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

JOY Lightweight TuffTech™ Luggage Set for Life with SpinBall™ Wheels and 1-Year Conde Nast Traveler Magazine

https://www.hsn.com/products/joy-lightweight-tufftech-luggage-set-wspinball-wheel/8285803?query=525-014&isSuggested=false

$199.95
    ends today
    You save $130.00 today!
    or 5 FlexPays of $39.99
    FREE SHIPPING

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

No reviews on TuffTech, but Joy’s other luggage sets are leather.

It’s not a bad price for three pieces. And I love the colors. They are so vibrant.

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

I believe Joy debut the TuffTech luggage last year. Found it under item 506-922:

https://www.hsn.com/products/joy-tufftech-mobile-dresser-with-spinball-wheels/8209242?variant=8209245

It only received 2.9 stars from 30+ HSN customers. Complaints seem to be quality control of workmanship, the wheels, and the fabric had strong chemical scent. One reviewer actually wrote:

CAUTION CANCER CAUSING PRODUCT… I THINK MY TITLE SAYS IT ALL. And it’s also printed on the box! WARNING!!!

Another wrote:

Chemical Warning? Really?
    The luggage is simply beautiful! However, it is very heavy. I need something that is light weight before I fill it. A carry-on should not be too heavy to carry. Also the chemical warning was not a good thing. I gave it two stars for the looks and features only. Sorry Joy.

Eek.

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

I couldn’t find the previous product when I looked this morning, so I’m glad you could.
    One or maybe even two people complaining about the smell is one thing. But these are serious problems with the fabric. Not just the cancer warning but people saying it gets on your clothes and your hands. :nono:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  LadyNine.

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

That is scary!

It’s too bad because during host Colleen Lopez’s show they debut this tote size bag, which is entirely RFID protected and has 2 sidewall slip pockets and 3 deep elastic slip pockets; plus, it is on Show Stopper price of $39.93 + free shipping.

https://www.hsn.com/products/joy-tufftech-packable-tote-with-rfid-protection/8288472

Bummer.

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

I really liked her tote, but I won’t order now. Her quality is so so on leather, so I hoped this was better.

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

And her movie was on HBO today!

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

The reviews are in. Currently, averaging 3.7 stars from 100+ HSN customers.

Good news is… this time there’s no complaints about chemical smells.

Bad news is… the lower scores seems to stem from concerns about the weight, durability, and construction. Someone mentioned the “carry on” exceeds airlines’ carry on size while a few others thought the bags were small than anticipated.

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

My sister ordered something with TuffTech so we’ll see what she says.

I don’t like the carryon exceeding the size, though. I would think that’s something easy to check.

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

I had the opportunity to see what my sister ordered over the weekend. She did not get the luggage but the travel case made of Tuff Tech. It’s like a dense nylon, maybe, like you would find on luggage? It’s flexible but tough. Waterproof for sure. I was super impressed with it because it looked really sturdy. Hers did not smell at all. She got the navy with tan handles.

Enjoy if you got this. I think if this works out for you, you will like it.

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

Thanks for sharing that, Lady Michelle! In that case, I might try the tote! It is still the same price but with $3 shipping – so it’s just a tiny price difference and worth trying since the entire bag is RFID protected!

I had the opportunity to see what my sister ordered over the weekend. She did not get the luggage but the travel case made of Tuff Tech. It’s like a dense nylon, maybe, like you would find on luggage? It’s flexible but tough. Waterproof for sure. I was super impressed with it because it looked really sturdy. Hers did not smell at all. She got the navy with tan handles. Enjoy if you got this. I think if this works out for you, you will like it.

That is scary! It’s too bad because during host Colleen Lopez’s show they debut this tote size bag, which is entirely RFID protected and has 2 sidewall slip pockets and 3 deep elastic slip pockets; plus, it is on Show Stopper price of $39.93 + free shipping.

https://www.hsn.com/products/joy-tufftech-packable-tote-with-rfid-protection/8288472

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

I really like the tote too. It’s on my radar, LOL!

I wonder if the smell is with certain colors only, like it’s from the dye or something? I’m pretty sensitive to smells, so if hers had anything, I would have known it.

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

I was torn between navy and black but picked up the navy. Let’s see if it arrives in time for my trip. I ordered a coat on 3/15 and it’s being delivered today. You can’t beat two-day shipping, and I didn’t even specify that!

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

:hahaha: me too! Navy is my other favorite color. Great with jeans! But Black tends to win for me…!

:yay2: Here’s to it arriving in time for your trip! Let us know!

About color and smell… Yes!!! but I’m thinking that after the first batch of bad reviews about the chemically smell… JM’s team probably made sure this new batch is all ok. Fingers crossed!

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

In packaging … :waiting:

Gonna be really, really close. Probably won’t make it and will arrive the day I leave.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

To participate, please Log In or Register.