Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

Well, it has arrived! Sorry about the sideways photo.  I don’t know why it does that when I don’t take it sideways.

But you can see it’s a great shade of navy.

Here’s one where you can see the inside. Lots of pockets and my little laptop will fit in there with no problem.

Overall, I’m very happy with it. No smell. There’s only a small snag in the stitches on the one handle that I have to trim. They’re like extra threads, which doesn’t make me happy. But other than that, very well made.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  LadyNine.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Host Michelle. Reason: Fixed photos

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

I fixed the photos :ladywink: Usually that happens because mobile phones sort of embed code into the image identifying its orientation (portrait or landscape) but sometimes it’s wrong :rolleyes: It’s kind of a pain but what I usually do before uploading mobile phone photos is… while on the phone… I access the photo… rotate it 90 degrees… save… rotate the photo back to the right direction… save… then upload :rotflmao: It seems to do the trick. I’ve never had problems with photos taken from tablets!

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

About the bag – I likie! It’s a nice size which prevents me from overloading it. I love the deep side pockets and obviously the RFID protection of the entire bag :ok:

BUT I can’t believe it! They increased the price from $39 to $79! I wonder if it’s because of the recent HSN 17-20% coupon codes that is circulating recently.

:thud:

http://tvshoppingqueens.com/community/topic/hsn-joy-lightweight-tufftech-luggage-set-for-life-with-spinball-wheels-and-mag/#post-312663

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

I’m glad your bag arrived in time for your upcoming trip, LM! :admire:

P.S. BTW that is my experience with Joy’s products as well… the concepts are are so cute… but the tags are often crooked, the sewing often not straight, and the loose threads… :sad:

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

Thanks for the tips for the photo! I didn’t think of rotating it. Good idea!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  LadyNine.

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

Oooh. :nono: Not cool, Joy Magnano. It’s not worth that! $40 was a stretch for me for this bag, but with the RFID, I thought it would be OK.

And they’ve upped the prices on everything. What a crummy thing to do to your customers. :gaah: Maybe the set had promo prices to build reviews because of the new TuffTech. The large Better Beauty case, which I just purchased for someone in early March, was $19.95 when I bought it. It’s now $39.95. It’s almost exactly the same as the previous cases (which I have), with the exception of the nylon-ish exterior. It’s not like there’s something new warranting that $20 increase.

You can dream on, Joy, with those prices. I won’t be buying any matching pieces. :nono2:

Whenever I buy a Joy bag, there’s something with the handles. Usually for me the bag itself is fine, but there’s stitching or weird leather on the handle. Kinda sloppy, if you ask me. I was able to get these loose threads out, but if I find more problems with those handles, back it goes.

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

:iagree:

Also, that’s why when I buy Joy’s beauty cases (I’m a bit obsessed with those) I stick with the busy or dark colors (with matching thread colors) to hide flaws and I definitely never order the solid colors because all the imperfections are on full display.

:thud:

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

LM – Still in FL? Did you see this tote at the HSN outlet? :cool:

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

Yes, still in Fl! Loving the tote! They had none of these but had the smaller luggage piece. Looks great but my airline charges for check so I can’t get it. Got another one instead. I’ll post it later.

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

I agree with you about prints. Wish I could have done that. But TuffTech has a texture. Saw that cute little Joy and In an crossbody. It is sooo cute. But I bought that Lorna steamer and have zero room left!

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

Aaand the TuffTech tote is back down to $39, where it should be! Be sure to order it if you like it. I loved mine for traveling; it was great for me. But I wouldn’t pay more than $39 for it, to be honest, and less would be even better. Still, I’m happy with it.

Just so you know, the inside is a little crinkly, but I think it’s because it’s waterproof, so if something spills it doesn’t soak through the tote.

https://www.hsn.com/products/joy-tufftech-packable-tote-with-rfid-protection/8288472#template-product-detail-reviews

Host Michelle
    Forum Founder

Thanks for all the tips, LN!

Ok, so I’m planning this… I’m going to wait for a HSN coupon to come out whenever and if this stays $39+$3 shipping then I’ll order it. It’ll specifically be for travel, I think; because of the entire bag being RFID protected (good thing to have when walking around airports and tourist-y areas) :nod:

LadyNine
    Forum Ambassador

That’s a good idea. I wonder if they’re doing a Joy event soon, because the beauty travel case also went down to $19.99 from $39.99.

I’d be unhappy if I paid the higher prices! And I’d be sure to check about an adjustment.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

To participate, please Log In or Register.