Happy Valentine’s Month, Friends! For February, let’s get to know Entertaining and Lifestyle Expert Jorge Perez on a more personal level! In Marie Claire Magazine style, here are 20 questions with Jorge! You can follow Jorge on Facebook and Twitter and see him on the Evine shopping channel as their resident Waterford guest. Enjoy!
1. What should every person try at least once in their life?
Try something outside of your comfort zone. I faced my fears last year with a 1 mile long zip line.
2. What brings you the greatest joy?
Time with family. We are so global now, so time together is more precious than ever.
3. What brings you the greatest satisfaction?
Committing a random act of kindness. It’s a great feeling and as simple as picking up the tab for the person on the drive-thru line behind you. Try it.
4. What is the best advice you’ve been given?
“Shampoo, rinse, repeat.” Vidal Sassoon
5. Who do you follow on Twitter?
@WWD, @Buzzfeed, @Spin, @CNTraveler, @StyleMePretty, @TheKnot
6. What is on your bookshelf?
Some of my favorites are The Prophet by Kahil Gabrin, Tuesday’s with Morrie by Mitch Bloom, and Poetry of Robert Frost
7. What charity do you support?
Wounded Warriors and God’s Love We Deliver are two of my favorite charities.
8. What is on your bucket list?
Visit Havana Cuba where I was born.
9. What is on your perennial to-do list?
Continue to expand my global design reach. A passion deeply inspired by my Grandmother.
10. What are the last three items on your credit card statement?
Bow Ties from Beauties.com, pastries from Porto’s in Glendale, CA and LA Nails.
11. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
My Banana Yellow Campus Frye Boots. They’re like an old friend that make me look taller and thinner like the old days.
12. Who are your heroes?
My parents & grandparents who so courageously escaped communist Cuba, brought me to the US and helped mold me into the person I am today.
13. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
Joan Rivers, Coco Chanel, my Grandmother, Josiah Wedgwood, Louis & Clark, Just Jack from Jack in the Box or Will & Grace.
14. What is your greatest indulgence?
Collecting vintage china & crystal. I’m addicted!
15. What is on your nightstand?
The backup to my alarm clock. Controlled paranoia is a good thing… and yes I travel with it.
16. What quote do you live by?
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but they will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou
17. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
One of my most memorable gifts was when I received my first car in high school. Cuban boys love their cars.
18. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I kiss my mail goodbye. I really do.
19. What is your beauty secret?
Botox, Restylane, Juvederm and a good night sleep.
20. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were younger?
Patience. I’m still struggling with this.
#JorgePerezSTYLE on Twitter
Jorge Perez Style on Facebook
Get updates straight to your inbox when we publish new Special Blogs like these!