We are so lucky!!! As many of us know, Antthony is a busy fashion designer traveling between Paris, Los Angeles, and New York When he visits HSN for his Antthony Design Originals collection, we get to bask in his wonderful personality, beautiful heart, and bright smile! Now, we get to know Antthony on a more personal level via 20 Questions! Thank you, Antthony! You are a true gift!
20 Questions inspired by Marie Claire Magazine
1. What should every person try at least once in their life?
Disco roller skating at least once.
2. What brings you great joy?
Spending quality time with family.
3. What brings you the greatest satisfaction?
Seeing people smile and get along.
4. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Always be a friend.
5. Who do you follow on Twitter?
Barbara Streisand, HSN, QVC, Bette Midler, Jane Fonda, Harvard Health, Robin Roberts and Vogue Magazine.
6. What is on your bookshelf?
“A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle, “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo, “Spark of Joy” by Marie Kondo, “Poetry” by Bianca Sparacino, “The Power of Intention” by Wayne Dyer and “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle.
7. What charity do you support?
American Cancer Society, Braille Institute, ASPCA, Elizabeth Taylor Foundation and APLA.
8. What is on your bucket list?
It includes a visit to Scotland and Ireland.
9. What is on your perennial to-do list?
I’m currently redesigning my art studio in Los Angeles and it is taking some time to complete. It requires a lot of my patience. Also, I am creating a new collection of couture fashions for my private clients.
10. What are the last three items on your credit card statement?
A ticket to the Broad Museum, Lyft and lunch.
11. What item in your closet do you wear most?
My Gucci loafers because they are so comfortable and can be worn with everything.
12. Who are your heroes?
God who created this magnificent world, my mom, Nelson Mandela, Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Eydie Gorme, James Baldwin, Celia Cruz, Barbara Streisand, Cecil Beaton, Yves Saint Laurent, Edith Wharton, Wayne Dyer and Desmond Tutu are my heroes.
13. Who is on the guestlist for your ideal dinner party?
My guestlist could not go without Bette Midler, Eydie Gorme, Dinah Shore, Sammy Davis Jr., Barbara Streisand, Cecil Beaton, Yves Saint Laurent, Coco Chanel, Princess Diana, Gianni Versace, Wayne Dyer and Meghan Markle.
14. What is your greatest indulgence?
Candy, although it is not good for me. I love it entirely too much not to indulge.
15. What is currently on your nightstand?
My reading glasses, lamp and a bottle of water.
16. What quote do you live by?
“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it” by Edith Wharton.
17. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
I treasure a silver bracelet I received from Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme. They had it inscribed with “KIDDO” on one side and “We love you” on the inside.
18. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I speak fluent French and love Spanish music with all my heart.
19. What is your beauty secret?
Moisturizing before bed to achieve better-looking skin the next day.
20. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were younger?
Enjoy every moment being young!!!
On Instagram @antthonymarkhankins
On Facebook @antthony design originals
On HSN @Anthony Design Originals
Get updates straight to your inbox when we publish new Special Blogs like these!