We have been watching the exquisite Dallas Prince on ShopHQ for years; and now, she is graciously playing 20 Questions with us! Thank you, Dallas! Enjoy, Everyone!
20 Questions inspired by Marie Claire Magazine
1. What should every person try at least once in their life?
Taking a long train trip! Whether it is in the USA or in a foreign country. It is a much different experience to travel at ground level on a moving train. I love seeing the landscapes of the countryside in its truest light. It is an artist’s dream.
2. What brings you the greatest joy?
My life with Vincent. We had our first date on his birthday and were engaged within two weeks. Two months later, we were married and will celebrate our 28th Anniversary this year ❤.
3. What brings you the greatest satisfaction?
Knowing that I can accomplish many things with knowledge, strength and confidence.
4. What is the best advice you’ve been given?
In Life: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. It is more difficult than it sounds, but I live by it. In Business: “Work with integrity, be trustworthy and use a firm handshake.”
5. Who do you follow on Twitter?
I follow many people on Instagram and Facebook, but Twitter is not my thing…..
6. What is on your bookshelf?
Every historical book you can imagine about the origins and journey of Jewelry. Knowing that Artisans created such incredible details by hand is my inspiration. I also have a large collection of Art Magazines that are no longer published.
7. What charity do you support?
“Chrysalis” – A charity that has been in LA for years. They help low income and homeless adults back into the workplace with support and employment services. Also, “Race to Erase MS” – This organization has done more to eradicate MS through research and development than all other charities combined. And, NCJW (National Council of Jewish Women)…… even though I am not Jewish, I have been involved with this charity for over 30 years.
8. What is on your bucket list?
I always wanted to go to the biggest Sporting Events in the world (ie: World Cup Soccer, Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby, Melbourne Cup, etc.) But now, I just want a real vacation! Vincent and I always seem to plan small trips that are attached to work in some way. I want the ultimate three (maybe four) week vacation that includes Brazil, New Zealand and Kauai with a few tropical stops in between.
9. What is on your perennial to-do list?
This recurring list has changed many times. (1) Make plans to see my family in Texas. (2) Set up marketing for my new online businesses. (3) Get my garden back in shape. (4) Get myself back in shape! (5) Find more time to see my friends.
10. What are the last three items on your credit card statement?
My Booth payment for AGTA Tucson 2023(yay!)….. a purchase at Home Depot for garden Mulch….. and a Delta Airlines Ticket for my May Show at Shop HQ.
11. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
A white Ramy Brook Cold Shoulder Top.
12. Who are your heroes?
My Mom was my hero. We lost her a few years ago and I miss her desperately. She raised 5 children by herself and worked 3 jobs to do it. She was an amazing woman. There are many others whose influence would qualify as heroic, but that would be an epic answer.
13. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
Not to take away from my fabulous family & friends, but I am going for the “Fantasy Party of 12”: Vincenzo Ciurluini (husband), Ralph Lauren (Fashion Designer), Anthony Hopkins (Actor), Helen Mirren (Actress), Kelly Clarkson (Singer), Blake Shelton (Singer), David Copperfield (Illusionist), Gemma Chan (Actress), Kevin Costner (Actor), Misty Copeland (Ballerina), Jordan Spieth (Athlete) and Curtis Stone (Chef).
14. What is your greatest indulgence?
Watching Korean Drama Series with Subtitles……
15. What is on your nightstand?
A mirrored tray holding a lamp, water bottle, notepad with pen, TV remote and EOS lip balm.
16. What quote do you live by?
“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.”
17. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
My mom gave me a necklace to wear when Vincent & I married. It was a Vintage Diamond Heart that she had made and wore for many years.
18. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I had a full scholarship at the University of Houston in Pharmaceuticals hoping for Medical School.
19. What is your beauty secret?
(1) Hydrate by drinking lots of water and using moisturizer all day & night. (2) I have been getting fruit-acid peels from a dermatologist every 3 months for over 30 years. (3) Laughing burns calories.
20. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were young?
That the choices I made would have such a profound influence on my adult life.
Get updates straight to your inbox when we publish new Special Blogs like these!