We are stoked to unveil Jay King as our May featured guest! Most of us know him as the Indiana Jones of HSN with his Mine Finds collection – he is always flying, driving, or hiking somewhere for the latest gems. Enjoy getting to know Jay on a more personal level, Friends! It was so fun putting this together with Jay! Thanks Jay!
20 Questions inspired by Marie Claire Magazine
1. What should every person try at least once in their life?
Jump out of a perfectly good running aircraft at altitude on purpose.
2. What brings you the greatest joy?
Making others happy.
3. What brings you the greatest satisfaction?
Doing something that is really special and is really different.
4. What is the best advice you’ve been given?
Treat everyone like you want to be treated.
5. Who do you follow on Twitter?
I don’t Tweet I’m sorry to say. Don’t have the time.
6. What is on your bookshelf?
Lots of travel books, maps, and lots of geology books.
7. What charity do you support?
We support a wide variety of charities locally and internationally. Typically we go with small hands on groups we know and can see the direct benefits of our money or in a lot of cases the actual time spent helping out personally.
8. What is on your bucket list?
My life is a bucket list that never gets done and grows arms and legs as I complete tasks on my list. I don’t have enough time to list everything but I do make lists.
9. What is on your perennial to-do list?
I have lots of things we do as traditions. Especially when it comes to visiting certain areas of the world. The main one would be something like the Tucson Gem show.
10. What are the last three items on your credit card statement?
Airline tickets, hotel expense, and dinner
11. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
My travel vest with lots of pockets.
12. Who are your heroes?
I have many but mainly real people that made a difference. It changes all the time.
13. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
Well I have lots of close friends from around the world which I’ve always wanted to get together with, but I like people who are very diversified in their thoughts and skills. I hate being in groups where everyone hangs around together because they all think alike. You need diversity.
14. What is your greatest indulgence?
15. What is on your nightstand?
I have a custom made turquoise box which contains everything in my pockets and jewelry. You would be surprised what comes out of my pockets. I’m always prepared for things you need knife, money clip, credit cards, keys, flashlight, lucky turquoise sleeping beauty nugget, from my wedding, watch, cuff, wedding ring, large 22 carat gold medallion and chain. At times lots of cash and small gold coins depending on where I’m going or coming back from.
16. What quote do you live by?
They will never take me alive.
17. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
18. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m very organized. I hate clutter so everything has a place and everything is in its place. I’m a hoarder in a sense, but its organized and looks great.
19. What is your beauty secret?
I don’t have any that’s why I look the way I do.
20. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were younger?
Time goes by very fast, so don’t waste it. I guess also, you can’t do anything about what you did yesterday only what you are going to do today.
Get updates straight to your inbox when we publish new Special Blogs like these!