Our May issue is here! We’re feeling particularly joyous as Gem Expert Peyton Kelley is our special guest! Peyton recently returned to QVC sharing amazing stories of incredible gemstones with viewers. But most importantly, he is truly a kindhearted and thoughtful soul – we feel incredibly honoured he took the time to let us know him better! Thank you, Peyton!
20 Questions inspired by Marie Claire Magazine
1. What should every person try at least once in their life?
We should all travel to one of the many developing countries around the world. It helps us better appreciate what we have and how we can help others.
2. What brings you the greatest joy?
My greatest joy is spending time with my family. If it we are sitting on the beach, that is the very best!
3. What brings you the greatest satisfaction?
Being able to do something nice for someone else without their knowledge or thanks.
4. What is the best advice you’ve been given?
My Father told me many years ago that one’s reputation is precious and once gone is lost forever.
5. Who do you follow on Twitter?
I only follow one political insider. Probably better not to mention which one.
6. What is on your bookshelf?
My bookshelves are pretty diverse. Some of my favorites are books about antiques and Faberge. There are lots of Spy Novels and believe it or not, cookbooks.
7. What charity do you support?
There are many but my favorites are Save the Children and Military Order of the Purple Heart.
8. What is on your bucket list?
Two of my top picks are Denali National Park and to see the northern lights in Iceland.
9. What is on your perennial to-do list?
10. What are the last three items on your credit card statement?
The last three items on my credit card statement are a flight to Bangkok, a drug prescription, and an order for birthday flowers.
11. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
I have a many years old, very faded, yellow Polo tee shirt that is so soft you can barely tell its on.
12. Who are your heroes?
I have many heroes who have influenced my beliefs and life. Number one and two are my father and mother whose examples of integrity, ethics, love, and caring have guided me through the years. These are followed by JFK, MLK, and several teachers.
13. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
My father, mother, the rest of my family, and a few great friends.
14. What is your greatest indulgence?
Great food is my greatest indulgence-Mexican food, fried chicken, and hushpuppies
15. What is on your nightstand?
My nightstand is crowded with my iPad, iPhone, prescription drugs, water, and an alarm clock (which I never use).
16. What quote do you live by?
I try to live by ” Don’t Sweat the Small Things” but I am never very good at it.
17. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
The love, patience, and understanding of my parents.
18. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I was a member of the skydiving club in college.
19. What is your beauty secret?
LOL, I just enjoy and embrace getting older.
20. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were young?
Everything and everyone are there for a purpose, just follow your heart.
Peyton Kelley’s Gems on Facebook
Get updates straight to your inbox when we publish new Special Blogs like these!